Thursday, May 22, 2008

Bacon and cheese stuffed burgers with Avocado Tomato salad

With a new grill comes lots of grilling time! I wanted to try to make some yummy burgers so this is what I came up with...I also wanted a nice cold salad and really wanted avocado, so I made this salad YUM!


Burgers
Ingredients:

  • 1.5 lb chop meat
  • 1/4 chopped onion
  • 4-5 cloves of garlic- chopped
  • about 1T worchetershire sauce
  • any blend of reduced fat shredded cheese
  • 4-5 strips turkey bacon- cut into pieces
  • salt
  • pepper
Directions:

  • Mix together everything but the cheese and bacon.
  • form about 4 pattiesmix the cheese and bacon together
  • place about 1T cheese/bacon mixture into each patty and close the patty up around the mixture.
  • Grill to taste

Avocado Tomato Salad:

Ingredients:

  • 2 ripe avocados
  • 2 ripe tomatoes
  • 1/2 red onion
  • balsamic vinegar
  • EVOO
Directions:
  • Cut the avocados and tomatoes to bite sized pieces
  • chop onion
  • mix together in a bowl and pour balsamic vinegar and EVOO over this to taste.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love avacados! I can't wait to try the salad!