Friday, February 8, 2008

Maple Dijon Pork Chops

Yum-O! I got this recipe from my friend Graces blog. I loved it. Jake thought it had too much of a "syrup" flavor. If I had real maple syrup instead of this crappy kind, I think it would have been better.

Ingredients:
  • 1 teaspoon butter
  • 4 (4-ounce) boneless pork loin chops, trimmed
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
  • 1/4 cup pure maple syrup (I used some sugar free crappy syrup...)
  • 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
  • 1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage (I used dried sage)
  • 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme (I used dried thyme)
  • 2 teaspoons heavy cream (I used light cream)
Directions:
  • Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
  • Sprinkle pork chops evenly with salt and pepper; add pork to pan.
  • Cook 4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
  • Remove from pan; keep warm.
  • Add broth and next 4 ingredients (through thyme) to pan.
  • Bring to a boil, and cook for 3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
  • Stir in cream, and reduce heat to medium.
  • Return pork to pan; simmer 3 minutes or until pork is done, turning once.
**I made this with brown rice. I also doubled the measurements for the gravy so we would have some for the rice.

No comments: