Monday, April 14, 2008

Sweet potato fries with avocado dip

















I needed something to go with the buffalo chicken strips, so I decided to try these fries since they also had a "kick" to them. The avocado dip also intrigued me. I found this on foodnetwork.com. The fries did not, unfortunately, come out crunchy but I thought they still had a nice flavor, especially with the dip!

Ingredients (fries):
  • 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled or unpeeled, cut into 4-inch long and 1/4 to 1/2-inch thick fries
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil, or more as needed
  • 1 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander (omitted since I did not have it)
  • Coarse ground rock salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Directions:

  • Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
  • Place the sweet potatoes in a large bowl and toss with olive oil until the sweet potatoes are coated. Add the paprika, chili powder, coriander, salt, and pepper; toss to distribute evenly.
  • Arrange the coated fries in a single layer on the prepared pan. Bake for 20 minutes on the lower rack until the sweet potatoes soften. Transfer the pan to the upper rack of the oven and bake 10 minutes longer, until fries are crispy. Serve with Avocado Dip.
Avocado Dip

Ingredients:
  • 1 avocado
  • 1/3 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/3 cup cream cheese
  • 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped.
  • 2 scallions, white and light green part only, chopped (omitted b/c Jake doesn't like them)
  • 1 lime, juiced
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Directions:
  • Place the avocado, mayonnaise, cream cheese, jalapeno, scallions, and lime juice into a blender or small food processor. (I just hand blended them w/ a potato masher)
  • Blend for 1 minute or until you have a smooth paste. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Aluguel de Computadores, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://aluguel-de-computadores.blogspot.com. A hug.