Monday, April 14, 2008

Chicken Stroganoff

I am on a healthy kick right now...well, I'm trying to be. So my new favorite recipe site is cookinglight.com. That is where I found this recipe. I was a little weary of it, but it came out pretty good! You can even make this into beef stroganoff if you just exchange the chicken broth for beef broth, and the chicken for beef!

Ingredients:

  • 4 turkey-bacon slices (I used 8, and it didnt make any drippings, so I just used some cooking spray)
  • 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
  • 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4-inch strips (I cut them into chunks, not strips
  • 1 1/2 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon paprika
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced (used 4)
  • 1 (8-ounce) container reduced-fat sour cream (used fat free)
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 4 cups hot cooked medium egg noodles
  • added mushrooms
Directions:
  • Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp.
  • Remove bacon from pan; crumble.
  • Add onion and chicken to drippings in pan; sauté 6 minutes.
  • Add bacon, broth, salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic; bring to a boil.
  • Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
  • Combine the sour cream and flour, stirring until smooth.
  • Add sour cream mixture to pan, and bring to a boil. (I added the broth to the sour cream so the sour cream would not be chunky...just stir in the broth a little at a time to the sour cream mixture then put it back into the pan)
  • Reduce heat, and simmer 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
  • Serve over egg noodles.


No comments: