Sunday, March 30, 2008

Salsa, ole!

One of the girls at work had her husband make salsa to bring in to a party. I couldn't stop eating it, it was so good. I asked her how they made it and she gave me the basic ingredients. While mine did not come out the same, it's still pretty darn good! I dont really have measurements because I had to keep adding stuff as I went along.

Ingredients:
  • 4 roma tomatos
  • 1 small onion
  • 2 dried hot peppers
  • cilantro-chopped
  • Adobo
  • about 1T Red wine vinegar
  • 1 can diced tomatoes
  • juice of 1 lime
  • 2 drops of Daves Insanity hot sauce
Directions:
  • Roast the tomatoes at 350 for about 20-30 minutes. I put a little olive oil on them.
  • take the hot peppers and place them in a bowl, cover with water and microwave about 30 seconds. Set aside.
  • Put the roasted tomatoes, diced tomatoes, cilantro, vinegar, lime juice, and adobo into a food processor. Mix it all up in there.
  • Chop up the onion and mix in with the rest.
  • Add the hot sauce if desired.

No comments: