Thursday, March 6, 2008

Cornish Hens


















Well, I was going to try a new recipe but didn't have all the ingredients or the time, so I went with my tried and true whole chicken recipe. The hens have a very slight different taste than a chicken. I don't really have measurements on this one b/c I just throw stuff on it.

Ingredients:
  • 2 cornish hens
  • dried dill
  • lemon pepper
  • salt
  • pepper
  • 3 garlic cloves, sliced
  • garlic powder
  • onion powder
  • dried rosemary
  • 3-4 medium sized red potatoes
  • butter spray or EVOO
  • 1 small onion
  • water

Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350
  • Place hens in a glass baking dish (I used a 13x9 pyrex)
  • spray with spray butter or sprinkle with EVOO
  • sprinkle on all herbs/spices. I use a lot of dill because it's my favorite
  • put garlic slices on hens
  • cut up potatoes into small pieces and place around the hens
  • slice onion and put around hens, also add slices of garlic
  • pour water into the dish, so as to almost cover the potatoes
  • sprinkle more dill/rosemary/salt/pepper onto potatoes
  • cook for about 1-2 hours, baste the hens a few times

No comments: