Monday, November 12, 2007

Chocolate Crunch Strawberries



Chocolate covered strawberries are one of my favorite things to make. They are a real crowd pleaser too! On occasions such as birthdays at work, I like to bring these in. They are simple and yummy! My friend Kevin brought them in to work one day and he had made them with Crunch bar. WOW! The crunch just makes them that much better. I'm usually a dark chocolate girl, but these are great. Here are the very easy instructions on how to make them:

I usually buy 2 things of strawberries (I think they are 1 lb each). If using the crunch bar, you need 2 of the giant ones, and possibly a 3rd.

I use a sort of "double boiler". I put about 1/2 inch of water in the bottom pot, place the pot of chocolate on top of that one, and put it over medium to medium high heat. Try not to let the steam out. Put the chocolate in the top pot and stir around until its all melted. Once melted, you can turn the heat down.

Wash your strawberries. Make sure they are dry before dipping. Smear the strawberry around in the chocolate and then place on a cookie sheet covered with wax paper. Once the cookie sheet is full (or you've run out of strawberries), I place them in the freezer for about 5 minutes to harden, then move them to the fridge.

That's it! It's as simple as that. Enjoy your delicious treat!

No comments: