Saturday, November 17, 2007

Garlic Cheddar Chicken

A fellow knottie (Becky) posted this recipe the other day and it sounded so good. I decided to try it today, and I was correct! It is yummy!!

Ingredients:

  • Extra virgin olive oil (or butter)
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced (I used about 6-7)
  • 3/4 c. dry Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
  • 1/2 c. freshly grated parmesan cheese
  • 1 1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
  • Various Italian seasonings to taste
  • 8 skinless boneless chicken breast halves, pounded thin (I used 6)
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
  • Heat olive oil in saucepan over low heat and cook garlic until tender (I sauteed it in the EVOO, but then added about 1/2 cup of I can't believe its not butter spray (just pour it in) to make a garlic butter)
  • In a shallow bowl, mix bread crumbs, Parmesan and cheddar cheese, and seasonings
  • Dip each chicken breast in garlic butter to coat then press into breadcrumb mixture
  • Put thin layer of breadcrumb mixture on the bottom of 9" x 13" baking dish, then arrange chicken breasts in dish
  • Drizzle with remaining oil and top with any remaining breadcrumb mixture
  • Bake 30 mins. or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear
  • For the last couple minutes, I sprinkle cheddar and parmesan cheese on to the top of the chicken and then turn on the broiler to make the top of the dish crispy/browned (I didn't broil, I just put it back in to melt the cheese)

No comments: