Sunday, November 18, 2007

Stuffed mushrooms

I love mushrooms, as long as they're cooked. This is my parents recipe, kind of altered.

Ingredients:
  • mushrooms
  • breadcrumbs
  • shredded cheese (this time I used asiago...sometimes I use parmegian)
  • minced garlic or garlic powder
  • italian seasonings
  • butter or olive oil
Directions:
  • wash the mushrooms
  • pop the stem out and scrape some of the insides out (put aside in bowl)
  • take the stems and chop them up (i use my mini chopper)
  • put them in a bowl and add breadcrumbs, garlic, seasonings and cheese.
  • in a skillet, put a little butter or olive oil. Do this over medium heat.
  • put the breadcrumb mixture in skillet and cook until it becomes a little gummy.
  • Place the mushroom caps upside down on a cookie sheet and fill with the stuffing.
  • Cook at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes.

No comments: