Sunday, November 18, 2007

Easy Lemon Cookies

I was looking for a certain lemon cookie that I like but have no idea what the name of it is. I couldn't figure it out and I came across these and decided to try them. They are similar to the chocolate crinkle cookies I have posted below, but with lemon instead. You can actually use any flavor cake mix to make these. They are very easy and very yummy.

Ingredients:
  • 1 (18.25 ounce) package lemon cake mix
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 teaspoon lemon extract (I used lemon juice)
  • 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar for decoration
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
  • Pour cake mix into a large bowl. Stir in eggs, oil, and lemon extract until well blended. I wrapped my dough in wax paper and put it in the freezer for about an hour, it makes it much easier to handle...not as sticky). Drop teaspoonfuls of dough into a bowl of confectioners' sugar. Roll them around until they're lightly covered. Once sugared, put them on an ungreased cookie sheet.
  • Bake for 6 to 9 minutes in the preheated oven. The bottoms will be light brown, and the insides chewy. (9 minutes really is all you need. I couldn't tell mine were done and i burned the bottoms pretty bad. 9 minutes is DEFINITELY enough)

No comments: